- Chealsea – Blues
- Tottenham – Lilywhites, Spurs, Yids
- Liverpool – Pool, Reds
- Man City – City, Citizens, Sky Blues
- Man United – Red Devils
- Arsenal – Gunners
- Everton – Blues, School of Science, Toffees
- West Brom – Baggies
- Stoke City – Potters
- Southampton – Saints
- Bournemouth – Cherries
- Watford – Hornets
- Leicester City – Filbert, Fosse, Foxes
- West Ham – Hammers, Irons
- Burnley FC – Clarets
- Crystal Palace – Eagles, Glaziers
- Swansea City – Jacks, Swans
- Hull City – Tigers
- Middlesbrough – Boro, Smoggies
- Sunderland – Black Cats
EPL Facts this Season
12 Interesting Facts Premier League Facts
- The Premier League goes sponsorless for the first time in more than 20 years – No sponsor for the premier League this time. It’s just English Premier League.
- The First Ever Premier League season without Aston Villa – In the 24 year history of the Premier League its the first time Aston Villa are not in the League.
- Zlatan Time – After joining from PSG, Zlatan has had an immediate impact on the form of United and the number of goals scored by the Red Devils.
- The Worst Premier League Title Defence – Leicester City’s attempt to defend their Premier League crown has been nothing short of a disaster.
- Yannick Bolasie’s Unusual Stat – He began the season with Crystal Palace, and featured in their opening day fixture against West Bromwich Albion. Later that week he transferred to Everton, and their next fixture was against the Baggies. In doing so, he became the only Premier League player to face the same opposition in successive matches on the opening two weekends of the season.
- The World Record Transfer Fee – Pogba’s €89 million transfer to Manchester United was the world record for the highest transfer fee ever.
- Debut Nations – Henrikh Mikhtaryan became the first player from Armenia to play in the Premier League, Emilio Nsue became the first footballer from Equatorial Guinea to play in the division.
- Bob Bradley – Became the first American to manage a Premier League club. He was sacked just 85 days after appointing him making it the second shortest managerial career in the EPL.
- Arsène Wenger chasing Alex Ferguson’s appearance record – Having taken charge of 752 Premier League matches to date, he is second only to Sir Alex Ferguson (810) in this respect.
- Manchester United make it 600 not out.. – Manchester United’s 3-1 win at Middlesbrough on March 19th saw them become the first club to record 600 Premier League victories.
- Allardyce does it again? – After a poor start to the season, Crystal Palace sacked Alan Pardew and hired Sam Allardyce to get them out of trouble. He has successfully kept Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United and Sunderland in the Premier League in the past. No side has ever been relegated from the Premier League under his management.
- The longest Premier League wait.. – Liverpool signed Austrian goalkeeper Alex Manninger last summer, 14 years after leaving Arsenal, with whom he won the Premier League and F.A. Cup double in 1998. He is yet to make an appearance for the Anfield club, having been signed as back up. If he does make an appearance, however, he will set a record for the longest gap between Premier League appearances. His last game at this level was in a 3-2 defeat away to Southampton in May 2001, almost 16 years ago.
The Big Debate.. Arséne Wenger
He’s been the manager of the Gunners for about 21 years now and has not won the league with them since the 2003-2004 season, many fans and people are against the fact that he should be a manager for the next season. Should Arséne retire or should he keep going.? What do you think?
#wengerin / #inwengerwetrust or #wengerout ? Please comment! Thanks.
In my opinion he should give up the place for 1 year to Thierry Henry and see the difference between the results of the two managers, if there is no difference or Henry did worse, than Arséne should be brought back but if Henry gives better results or maybe even wins them the league I guess Wenger should give the job to Henry and retire.
But Wenger has his own plans in a recent press conference he made some remarks which you can read by clicking the link below.
Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss says ‘retirement is dying’ as he vows to continue..
What are your thoughts? Also did you enjoy the facts?!?! If you did leave a comment below also give your suggestions. Please follow, thank you!